Reply to V. Velox & questions about ``evangelism''

Michal Pasternak michal at pasternak.w.lub.pl
Fri Jan 16 17:00:35 PST 2004

Matt Olander [Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:26:13PM -0800]:
> good question. key points I always touch on are:
>
> ports collection

... Gentoo Linux
... pkgsrc
... propably some more build systems I haven't heard of.

>From Gentoo Linux user's perspective, Portage build system will be better,
than FreeBSD Ports, just because s/he will be able to rebuild whole system,
not only 3rd-part apps using single interface.

Other your points are very important, there aren't many opensource operating
systems, which provide such things.