Oracle Meeting Results

Munehiro Matsuda haro at kgt.co.jp
Thu Jan 15 19:34:39 PST 2004

From: Josef Grosch <jgrosch at MooseRiver.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:53:22 -0800
::On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:17:22PM +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
::> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Matt Olander wrote:
::>
::> > What we ended up discussing is a 'not officially supported' development
::> > version of Oracle downloadable from their website after filling in the
::> > standard who, what, where, and why type of form with the typical
::> > disclaimers, which I believe they already do for the other development
::> > versions.
::>
::> This is _awesome_ news!
::>
::> > In an attempt to placate his concerns about supporting a test download
::> > like this, we informed him that the FreeBSD community is used to figuring
::> > out things on their own, and that we could possibly have a couple of DBA
::> > contacts within the community act as primary contacts for initial
::> > support and an oracle specific mailing list.
::>
::> You may abuse me as you like :-)
::>
::> (Yes, I'm really in need of a native Oracle - not necessarily the server,
::> but definitely the client.)
::
::I'd love to have a native Oracle server on FreeBSD but I'll settle for an
::Oracle client with all the libraries so that a JDBC connection to an Oracle
::server would work.

Hi,

Wow, this looks good. :-)

I'd like to see the OCI library (Oracle Call Interface) ported,
then I could port our client-apps running now on Linux/Solaris.

 Haro
           _ _    Munehiro (haro) Matsuda
 -|- /_\  |_|_|   Internet Solution Dept., Kubota Graphics Technologies Inc.
 /|\ |_|  |_|_|   2-8-8 Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
                  Tel: +81-3-3225-0767  Fax: +81-3-3225-0740
                  Email: haro at kgt.co.jp