FreeBSD Today

Matt Jarjoura matt at tasonline.com
Wed Jan 7 12:55:15 PST 2004

What I think FreeBSD should have to grow ->

A) A really good PR executive who cleverly removes the image of being
ultra-geek (or hard-to-learn) material.
B) A really strong installation program (something RedHat/Fedora excel
at).
C) Make the developer tools more modular (not tied to kernel) so that
you can upgrade them and change them, or not even install them if you
choose.

One cool thing... FreeBSD has the advantage of being loosely tied to
Apple's development of Darwin.  I noticed they are bringing pre-binding
to the FreeBSD Kernel. All I can say is sweeeeet.

- Matt Jarjoura