Rework of the FreeBSD website [was:FreeBSD'sVisualIdentity:Outdated?]

Chris Zumbrunn chris at zumbrunn.com
Fri Dec 31 16:24:13 PST 2004

I did some further tweaking of the mockups:

- The FreeBSD logo text is now a bit smaller
- "The Power To Serve" slogan is back
- Left sidebar now starts with a "Get FreeBSD" section
- The "Platform" section has been moved to "Supported Platforms"
- I added some spacing between the advocacy text and the sidebars
- Changed "font-size=-1" in right sidebar to use "small" instead
- The dots in the grey bar are now dark grey and not linked
- Removed the link for "Overview" in the grey bar of the main page

The new versions have the following URLs:
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1c.gif
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb2c.gif

The previous versions I moved to these URLs:
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1a.gif
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb2a.gif
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1b.gif
http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb2b.gif

I also added a mockup of what an even more minimalist approach could
look like:

http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1d.gif

This version just requires changing three lines in the css style
definition and replacing the one image file. Would this be a reasonable
first step?

Chris