kinder, gentler BSD

Anthony Chavez acc at anthonychavez.org
Mon Sep 15 14:41:48 PDT 2003

Folks:

There is a project underway that should help to address some of the
concerns (particularly presenting BSD in a professional manner to suits,
techies, newbies, etc.) being raised on this list of late.  The project
of which I speak has a mailing list, currently located here:

One of the goals of the project is to produce two sites, the first at
www.bsdadvocacy.org, which will serve as an advocacy clearinghouse, with
whitepapers, flyers, presentations, etc. that---in theory---should prove
to be extremely useful to advocates as well as painting a pretty picture
of the various BSDs.

The other site, www.bsdevents.org, will simply serve up a blog to
address advocacy opportunities, in an effort to bring advocates together
in their areas and around the globe.

It is my hope that the information on these sites will reach a level of
quality and professionalism that BSD platforms deserve, so that the BSDs
will have a very convenient and powerful advocacy arsenal standing
behind them.  This will move the BSDs into a niche, because IMO, most
platforms do not have truth and objectivity backing them up (and let's
face it, the BSDs are ~truly~ a force to be reckoned with).

If you would like to participate in the project, please sign up to the
mailing list.  Things have been rather slow-going initially, but we're
slowly starting to pull things together.

--
Anthony Chavez                             http://www.anthonychavez.org/
mailto:acc at anthonychavez.org                jabber:acc at anthonychavez.org