FreeBSD v Linux on TechTV - stream

Matt Olander matt at offmyserver.com
Sat Sep 6 13:26:52 PDT 2003

for those of you that haven't seen it yet, I've got a stream
of the FreeBSD vs. Linux 'Shootout' on TechTV. keep in
mind that the content of the segment is watered down as that's
what the producers wanted. personally, I think they aren't giving
their audience enough credit as they seem to want more technical
content.

well, maybe next time ;)

at any rate, my video editing skills leave much to be desired.
the sound is off sync and just gets worse. I used VirtualDub
on windows for the first time (glav wouldn't open the avi for some
reason) but at least you can see what happened.

if somebody would like to give the editing another shot or see the whole show,
the entire avi (260mb) is up on our ftp server. anonymous uploads
are temporarily turned on just in case anybody gets industrious.

I'd be really ecstatic if we got something a bit better up as the
press release is seeing alot of hits from Yahoo/Google news.

real stream:
http://www.offmyserver.com/cgi-bin/store/news/techtv_090303.html

original avi:
ftp://knight.ixsystems.net/pub/freebsd_vs_linux_shootout-techtv-20030902.avi

fyi, this is the free version of Real's Helix streaming server
so don't all watch it at once :P

-matt

--
Matt Olander