TechTV - FreeBSD v. Linux Shootout

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Sep 3 05:43:59 PDT 2003

Matt Olander wrote:
[..snip..]
> Murray, unless I'm mistaken, the linux guy must have fudged a bit at the
> end of the install because after we'd finished, his screen still showed
> like 35 minutes to go and then he immediately plugged in his laptop ;)

Sadly enough, even my wife noticed that.  We were both watching as the
install was creeping by on the linux machine, and FreeBSD was completely
done, ready to roll.  They broke for commercial, and the next thing you
know he is up and running full desktop.  My wife said "aren't they still
  installing?  I thought they still had a lot left?".. I had no response
for her.

I did notice how defensive the linux guy was.. must have had too much
caffeine before the show or something..

Eric