A case of FreeBSD users shooting all FreeBSD users in the foot

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Mon Oct 13 10:27:33 PDT 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 08:21 am, Jonathan wrote:

>  When those people unleash those flames never consider the
> consequences. I have to wonder how many businesses have rejected
> FreeBSD because some prospect "asked a stupid question". The whole
> flamming and "RTFM" phenomena is really an ego trip for people who
> are just so in love with themselves.

I have a difficult time envisioning a business getting its information
off of IRC. Mailing lists I can userstand. Forums I can understand. But
IRC? No offense to those of you using it, but IRC in general has a
reputation of peurility.

"We sent an executive committee over to the school playground, whereupon
several unidentified toddlers proceeded to throw mud at them. The
conclusion is to hold off on the OS decision until we find a playground
where the toddlers are more friendly."

David