A case of FreeBSD users shooting all FreeBSD users in the foot?

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 10:38:43 PDT 2003

I don't agree that FBSD mailing lists are hostile, but then I
came from the misc OpenBSD list so I was already battle-tested.
:)

Anyway, it seems like this guy is actually more competent than
most people when it comes to *nix and computers in general, and
he still had problems.  To be honest if he plugged away at FBSD
for about two weeks before writing again I bet he'd have most
all of his problems solved.  But what struck me is that maybe
it's time for a "FreeBSD for Dummies" book.

Before you hit me think about it.  FBSD is pretty intimidating
to most ppl, especially when you start talking about the network
stack being faster than Linux yadda yadda.  Something written in
"newblish" that didn't get too deep might open up an entire new
world of users.  I also think the time is right right now since
most everyone I know is getting pretty fed up with M$'s games.

Also, I was wondering why slashdot would run a Linux->BSD story
until I read that the guy didn't have a very good experience.
*slaps forehead*

<http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=267>

=====