A case of FreeBSD users shooting all FreeBSD users in the foot?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sat Oct 11 06:30:14 PDT 2003

Jonathan <j.e.drews at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> #freebsd is an excellent reason not to use FreeBSD.

I don't see how the existence of a FreeBSD IRC channel or the lack
thereof, much less its contents, impinges on the choice of using
FreeBSD.

Possibly it depends on how you use the net.  Ever since I first
encountered IRC a dozen years ago or so, I've always considered it
to consist of incoherent grunts that barely qualify as human
communication and at best meaningless chatter.  I wouldn't dream
of seeking any sort of technical help on IRC.

Ed Hurst's report seems to center around the usual complaint that
things are difficult because they're different from what he's used
to.  Duh.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de