Retail Boxed Products in the Handbook

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon May 26 14:12:10 PDT 2003

Ceri Davies said:

> All,
>
> Please cast your eye over to Appendix A of the Handbook, and the section
> titled "Retail Boxed Products".  I'll wait.
> You'll see that we have Frys and CompUSA listed as retailers of boxed
> sets. Well CompUSA have told us that they don't stock these anymore;
> does anybody know if Frys still do, or is anyone in a position to call
> one and enquire?
>
> I'm thinking of removing this section altogether, and it's been
> suggested to me that I enlist your folks help in trying to whip up a
> list of retailers who really do stock FreeBSD boxed sets, to try and
> save the section.

Here's my report:

BestBuy: nope - not even a section for it (only linux)
CompUSA: nope - no section either
Fry's - Yes! - They had the handbook, FreeBSD Power Pak, FreeBSD 4.6, and
FreeBSD 5.0.

I'll try to check CostCo sometime this week.

Eric

Eric Anderson    anderson at centtech.com    Centaur Technology
You have my continuous partial attention