experimental? (was: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 5.1 Released!)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Jun 9 22:22:02 PDT 2003

>  - Experimental 1:1 and M:N thread libraries provide kernel support for
>    efficient application multithreading.

>  - Experimental Name Service Switch infrastructure allows enterprises
>    to seamlessly integrate with LDAP and Active Directory services.

>  - Experimental support for the amd64 platform allows FreeBSD to run
>    on single processor AMD Opteron systems.

The chat thread about version numbers reminded me about this release
announcement.

It seems wrong to use the term "experimental" for a -RELEASE. Maybe
some other terminology could be used -- any ideas?

Also, is anyone interested in writing a review of the 5.1-RELEASE for
www.BSDnewsletter.com?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/