Certification (was RE: realpath(3) et al) - jumping to -advocacy

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 15:07:41 PDT 2003

Cool, I don't need to own the domain.  I just think that right
now the state of things is that FreeBSD is the best-kept secret
around because Linux is taking market share from everyone -
hell, my *dad* knows about Linux and he's one of those users
from "Evil Geniuses".  There is a nice article in businessweek
talking about Sun's dilemna here:
http://yahoo.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2003/tc20030812_9215_tc055.htm.

A lot of people ask me why I use (or suggest) FreeBSD instead of
Linux and I tell them that I only use or recommend FreeBSD when
I need something to be fast, secure and/or stable. :)  The idea
is that the underlying engineering is done, now we need to push
it to da' masses.

I also agree with mhoskins, I don't want FreeBSD to turn into
RH; RH seems to be trying to replace the knowledgable admin with
GUIs and "help" files.

=====