2k uptime ;-)

Christian Kratzer ck at cksoft.de
Wed Aug 6 03:32:05 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

I recently revisited a customers site at which I had setup a FreeBSD
based lan router some time back.  Yep it is still up and running with the
same ipfw rules I had setup back then.  And yes it is still their main
gateway to the world.

  ck at xxxxxxx: {7} uname -a
  FreeBSD xxxxxxx.xxx.de 2.2.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb  9 18:53:29 CET 1998     ck at xxxxxxx.xxx.de:/usr/src/sys/compile/XXXXXXX  i386
  ck at xxxxxxx: {8} uptime
  12:18PM  up 2003 days, 16:12, 1 user, load averages: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00
  ck at xxxxxxx: {9}

This just HAD to be posted to advocacy ;-)

The tough part about this is that it would have a about year more uptime if
it weren't for that kernel rebuild and reboot in 1998 to include drivers for
their newly installed 100mbit ethernet cards that were not included in the
original kernel. ;-(

This beats the bsd/os based web server on top of uptime.netcraft.com by
about 250 days I should say.

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html

Greetings
Christian Kratzer
CK Software GmbH

--
CK Software GmbH
Christian Kratzer,         Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen
Email: ck at cksoft.de
Phone: +49 7452 889-135    Open Software Solutions, Network Security
Fax:   +49 7452 889-136    FreeBSD spoken here!