ACPI support - Freebsd 10 on Sony Vaio VPCCA3C5E

Daniele Mazzotti kappei84 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 08:46:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

thanks again for your precious help. The suspend mode is not working yet as
VESA option is still in my kernel configuration. I wanted to wait before
removing it as I was not sure that intel video driver would have worked. My
intention was to have a working setup with intel and being able to switch
amongst vt(s) before getting rid of vesa, as I would peferer having the
possibility to switch amongst vt(s)  than putting my laptop to suspend.

By the way I have a 10-RELEASE therefore I suspect I will have to recompile
the kernel with VT. Did I get you right?

I googled a bit and it seems that the only thing I have to do is to add
these devices to my kernel:

device vt
device vt_vga

This is the source I am referring to: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Newcons.