Problems with amd FX 8 core and freq scaling

Sean Bruno sean_bruno at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 15:38:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 18:35 -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> On 2013-11-13 18:21:37 -0500, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > On 11 November 2013 13:47, Jung-uk Kim <jkim at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Just in case, here I attached the uncommitted (and untested)
> >> patch.
> >>

> > Would you mind describing everything that this patch does?
>
> The patch was written few years ago to fix crashes.  However, I don't
> remember too much detail any more, sorry.

Reviving this thread a bit.  My AMD FX-8150 and Intel I7 seem to be
happy with this patch.

I guess, from my read, this is getting rid of some hard coded
definitions for cpu throttling and doing a better job of reading from
the ACPI throttling states (new data structure).

If there's no objections, I'll bite the bullet and commit it.

sean

bcc jhb@ for commentary if needed.