hw.acpi.reset_video behavior when multiple VGA cards are prresent

Johannes Meixner xmj at chaot.net
Wed Feb 26 09:50:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to work out why my ASUS ZenBook can't work with S3 sleepstates.

Resume works theoretically like a charm (I suspend with music playing; the music
stops and continues upon wakeup; I can reboot the system).

One thing that does not, however, is VGA resume. The screen will just stay
blank.

So I looked into it a little and realized -- what's the expected behaviour towards
video reset when multiple VGA cards are present (NVIDIA Optimus) with vgapci0
being the (unusable) NVIDIA board and vgapci1 the (usable with Xorg, vt(9), KMS etc)
Intel one?

Best
Johannes

xmj at chaot.net