[CFT] SMP/i386 suspend/resume

Gustau Perez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Sun May 13 18:21:15 UTC 2012

Enviat des del meu iTotxo

El 13/05/2012, a les 16:40, Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki at jp.FreeBSD.org> va escriure:

>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/i386-SMP-suspend-RELENG_9-20120511.diff
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/i386-SMP-suspend-RELENG_8-20120511.diff
>>>
>>> A lot of portion of the patches was ported from amd64.
>>> Testing on Thinkpad X60 (Core Duo T2300), so far so good :)
>>>
>>> I'll commit them against CURRENT hopefully next week.
>>>

>>   Reporting from an Acer Centrino Duo, running CURRENT r235266. The
>> machine has an nvidia card (Ge7300go). The acpi_video and nvidia modules
>> are there.
>>
>>   I did test it a few times with X running (plain twm) and worked just
>> fine. Setting hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3 allowed me to use the
>> close-the-lid-to-sleep functionality.
>>
>>   The problem comes when I suspend the machine in the console. The
>> machine resumes fine (I can ping and ssh it) but the screen remains
>> black. I set hw.acpi.reset_video to 0 or 1 but no go. If I'm in a
>> console but X is running, after the resume I can CTRL+ALT+F9 and get my
>> video back; then I can return to the console. If I don't have X running,
>> I don't know how to get my console back.
>
> I think this is graphic driver problem.  nvidia's driver seems
> to have correct suspend/resume method.
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_archive.html
>
> Have you try it?

  Yes, it is running the propietary driver. Everything was done with it loaded. Do you want me to try without the nvidia binary driver?

   OTOH, IIRC the console only test (without X) without acpi_video lead to freeze. No crash dump. The machine has no serial or fwire ports :(

  Thanks

   Gus