Suspend to ram works on my laptop

Dmitry Kolosov onyx at z-up.ru
Sat Jan 14 14:50:20 UTC 2012

On Четверг 12 января 2012 02:08:51 David Demelier wrote:

> It happened when I mounted a ntfs partition but I think this is not the
> problem.

I think the problem generaly is what freebsd completely cannot into
suspend/resume in the manner other OSs can. I have not seen good working
hardware on which freebsd can suspend and resume. I said "good working"
meaning availability of good 3D acceleration (such as nvidia do have), using
various usb and wireless hardware. Yes, i have seen suspend/resume works time
to time on intel-based hardware without running Xorg and with no devices
attached to system - yes it works, but this case is not "good working
hardware" for desktop. After some time i just have stopped thinking about
suspend/resume, and problem dissapeared for me :)

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign	- against html mail
/\		 - against microsoft attachments