ACPI for Asus Notebook N50Vc

simplicissimus hans-wurst19 at web.de
Mon Feb 13 23:38:27 UTC 2012

Hello John,

Thank you very much for your patch.

This is how my laptop’s behaviour changed:

% sysctl -a | grep -i asus
hw.acpi.asus.lcd_brightness: 4
dev.acpi.0.%desc: _ASUS_ Notebook
dev.acpi_asus.0.%desc: Asus N50Vc Laptop Extras
dev.acpi_asus.0.%driver: acpi_asus
dev.acpi_asus.0.%location: handle=\_SB_.ATKD
dev.acpi_asus.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=ATK0100 _UID=16843008
dev.acpi_asus.0.%parent: acpi0

hw.acpi.asus.lcd_brightness shows the correct brightness (with acpi_video
loaded).

My notebook has a combined switch for wifi/bluetooth.
Without (the modified) acpi_asus the Wifi LED would be always off, although
wifi worked.
By pressing the button, bluetooth was toggled on/off with the corresponding
LED going on/off.

Now the button cycles through these LED statuses:
both on > both off > wifi only > bluetooth only
Wifi stays on all the time, bluetooth works as it is supposed to (like it
did before).

Is there a chance to get ATK0110 events working? I tried xev, but had no
output there.

Thanks in advance

Simplicissimus