kern/162491: EliteBook 8540p panic on acpi_hp module loading

Jaakko Heinonen jh at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 15 17:10:07 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/162491; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jaakko Heinonen <jh at FreeBSD.org>
To: Alexey Slynko <slynko at tronet.ru>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, avg at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/162491: EliteBook 8540p panic on acpi_hp module loading
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:00:36 +0200

 On 2011-11-13, Alexey Slynko wrote:
 > I have applied your patch, and acpi_wmi loaded sucessfully, but
 > acpi_hp still doesn't work.

 Thanks for testing. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is much more
 that I can do to help you. However following information might be useful
 for solving the problem:

 - Did acpi_hp(4) work with previous FreeBSD versions? If it did, what is
   the exact working version?
 - verbose dmesg(8) output from working and non-working versions

 --
 Jaakko