ThinkPad X1, display messed up after resume

Sergey A. Osokin osa at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 8 08:51:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a problem with Lenovo ThinkPad X1 1291-2LG and ACPI, the display
did not powered up after resume.  The laptop accessible over the network,
also keyboard works fine after resume.

Laptop with latest version of BIOS, 1.27.
I'm running FreeBSD 9.0-RC1, most drivers compiled as modules.
I'm using latest patch from kib@ (i.e. http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU) and
one-string patch for /sys/dev/acpi_support/acpi_ibm.c (add "LEN0068" to
ibm_ids[]).

According to handbook, I'd like to post debugging information.

o) boot -v (with ACPI enabled) - http://people.freebsd.org/~osa/x1/dmesg.boot.txt
o) pciconf -lv - http://people.freebsd.org/~osa/x1/pciconf.lv.txt
o) sysctl hw.acpi - http://people.freebsd.org/~osa/x1/hw.acpi.txt
o) acpidump -dt - http://people.freebsd.org/~osa/x1/osa-ThinkPadX1.asl

Also, I tried to set hw.acpi.reset_video to 1 (default value is 0) and
hw.acpi.sleep_delay to longer value (default is 1), but both tricks
does not help me.

--
Sergey A. Osokin
osa at FreeBSD.ORG