Review: Add support for additional ACPI table dump for acpidump(8)

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 22 07:48:50 UTC 2011

on 22/03/2011 06:43 Takanori Watanabe said the following:
> This patch adds support capability to dump Alert Standard Format(ASF!)
> and Simple Boot format(BOOT) table to acpidump(8).

Not picking on this specific proposal, but my opinion that in general we would
be better off if we could add acpixtract-compatible output format to acpidump.
We already import acpixtract sources, it is maintained by ACPICA guys and
supports a lot of useful formats.

I even had a half-baked patch for that.
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi-dump-xtract.diff

--