ACPI errors

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 2 16:25:50 UTC 2011

on 02/03/2011 13:12 Tom said the following:
> Hello,
>
> I have some strang errors in my dmesg.boot regarding ACPI, namely:
>
> ACPI Error: Field [I9MN] at 544 exceeds Buffer [IORT] size 464 (bits)
> (20100331/dsopcode-697) ACPI Error (psparse-0633): Method
> parse/execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.PMIO._CRS] (Node
> 0xffffff0002693740), AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT ACPI Error (uteval-0318):
> Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.PMIO._CRS] (Node
> 0xffffff0002693740), AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT can't fetch resources for
> \\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.PMIO - AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT
>
> I was googling around in search of some hints as to what dose it all
> mean but couldn't find anything similar. Most common error I came
> across involved issues with batter - in my case booting with or without
> battery make no difference. Could some one please enlighten me as to
> what those errors are about and how I can get rid of them?

These look like reports about bugs in ASL.
Have you tried booting some recent Linux on this system?  Not sure if ACPI error
logging would be enabled there by default.  But it would be interesting if Linux
reports the same problems.

My opinion is that the mistake is most likely in the ASL, but it's possible that
there is something incorrect or untypical about how FreeBSD calls the ASL.

--
Andriy Gapon