Atom N270 - ACPI Error: [RTMP] Namespace lookup failure

Ed VanderPloeg edv at agile.bc.ca
Thu Jul 14 15:31:24 UTC 2011

Could the system overheat, or get incorrectly shut down when acpi fails
to get the current temperature?

What is the best way to work around this problem?  Setting a very high
polling rate or disabling it inside loader.conf:

debug.acpi.disable="thermal"

In 2008 Kevin Foo thought it might not be safe to disable it:

Or do I need to boot with ACPI disabled until a BIOS fix is available?

Ed