Tyan S3992-E: hpet no longer working

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 10 23:12:40 UTC 2011

Ah, that's fine and indeed just funny. When CPUs are idle now, they receive
minimal amount of interrupts to allow reduced power consumption. Your
numbers just tells that load is not equal. You may see in systat how rates
changing depending on load.

--
Alexander Motin

11.01.2011 0:42 пользователь "Arno J. Klaassen" <arno at heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
написал:
> Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>
>> Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
>>> Sure .. that said, the BIOS I use is the last official release for this
>>> board (Sept 2009) and not even a more recent beta-release is available.
>>>
>>> I would expect reporting a disabled device which cannot be enabled via
>>> de BIOS a bug deserving a newer release.
>>>
>>> Anyway, this bug isn't very harmful for me, but the non-hpet
>>> timecounters don't seem that fun either :
>>>
>>> # uptime
>>> 10:27PM up 2 days, 5:44
>>>
>>> # sysctl kern.timecounter.hardware kern.timecounter.choice
>>> kern.timecounter.hardware: ACPI-safe
>>> kern.timecounter.choice: TSC(-100) i8254(0) ACPI-safe(850)
dummy(-1000000)