acpi shows wrong battery state

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sun Sep 5 03:32:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010, kuba guzik wrote:
 > 2010/9/3 Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>:
 > > on 03/09/2010 17:45 kuba guzik said the following:
 > >> Ok, I've recompiled kernel but your patch isn't working :/
 > >
 > > verbose dmesg?
 >
 > http://kubag.pl/BSD/8.1-patch/dmesg.boot

That's not a verbose dmesg, ie one produced by either selecting booting
with verbose messages from the startup FreeBSD menu, or by running 'boot
-v' from the loader prompt; developers need to see all the gory details.

Unless the machine is remote and you can't restart it on powering down,
I suggest taking Doug Barton's advice to get a clean message buffer, by
running 'shutdown -p now' and then restarting it, selecting verbose
boot, then saving /var/run/dmesg.boot .

cheers, Ian