Installation on MacBookPro 5,5 (was MacBookPro 5,1)

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 19 17:16:25 UTC 2010

Just subscribed to list, so pardon my screwing up msg threading.

I would like to install FreeBSD on my MacBook Pro 5,5.

Attempting to install from DVD isos of -CURRENT and -STABLE snapshots
results in panic right after the initial menu.  (I believe these
snapshots are 14 Oct or thereabouts - sorry, behind a firewall and
without FTP access ATM.)  HPS's remark about memory used after free
sounds like what I remember of the message re the panic.

Should using the OsdMemory.c patch from HPS's October 12th email and
rolling my own install iso from -CURRENT result in a working install iso
on my hardware, or are there additional problems?

Thanks,

Jud
--
"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." - Douglas Adams