acpi_ec: request for review and testing

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Fri Oct 8 15:34:39 UTC 2010

Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Here's a patch for acpi_ec that is developed in cooperation with David
> Naylor who also did all the testing:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi_ec.2.patch

Thanks a lot.

> The patch quite aggressively changes a few things and tries to make
> logic more robust with respect to EC behavior.
>
> I ask everybody, who is able to help, to test the patch, please.
> I am interested in all kinds of reports.
> If your EC "misbehaves", then there is a chance that the patch will fix
> that. If your EC works fine, then make sure that I don't break it with
> the patch.

About three weeks ago I started getting boot problems which may or
may not be acpi-related. I reported them on freebsd-current@ in
the thread 'geli boot issues with recent kernels', the message id
is <20100918155100.5b74cdb2 at r500.local>.

I applied avg's patch yesterday and the system (ThinkPad R500)
bootet successfully from battery, three times in a row.

Of course this could just have been an coincidence and as I csup'ed
before applying the patch the problem may also have been fixed in HEAD
already, but I didn't see any obvious fixes there.

I'll probably have time for some more tests this weekend.

Fabian