Funny battery values (nx6325)

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed Mar 17 07:45:51 UTC 2010

As Peter Jeremy wrote:

> >Design capacity:        279 mAh
> >Last full capacity:     279 mAh

> Is this consistent or does it vary from boot to boot or if you
> disconnect and reconnect the battery?

Currently, my wife is on a business trip with that machine.
Hopefully, I'll also get a statement about how long it lasts on
battery once she is back ;-), and I'll re-check those values then.

> >The battery is declared as 55 Wh, which would correspond to 5.1 Ah
> >(probably 3 x 2 x 18650 cells).
>
> But is also over 3 years old.  Almost everything you do to LiION
> batteries makes their capacity drop.

That's right, but it wouldn't be supposed to affect the "Design
capacity", would it? ;)

Can anybody tell where these values actually come from?  I could
perhaps even build a small microcontroller gadget, in order to query
the battery for its values offline (using I²C aka SMbus) in order to
see where the mistake might be.