Funny battery values (nx6325)

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Mon Mar 15 20:12:17 UTC 2010

As Nate Lawson wrote:

> > When unplugging the AC supply, I get:
> >
> > State:                  discharging
> > Remaining capacity:     98%
> > Remaining time:         0:08
> > Present rate:           2064 mA
>                           ^^^^^^^
> > Voltage:                11870 mV

> > Any clues how to fix these values?

> Fix the query for present rate to not return 2A. Perhaps a problem
> reading the EC.

I think the 2 A are realistic.  With a 5100 mAh capacity, it should
result in somewhat more than 2 hours of run time (maybe more if the
laptop eventually goes idle, and reduces CPU speed).

What isn't realistic though is that the capacity (both, "design
capacity", as well as "last full capacity") is given as just 279 mAh.

Should I provide any ACPI dump files?

I'm not sure whether there are any ACPI BIOS updates available for
that computer.  I've always got a hard time finding them on the HP
website.  They are telling me everything about Windows device drivers,
Windows 7 upgrades, and other completely uninteresting (to me) items,
but nothing about BIOS/firmware upgrades.