FreeBSD 8.0 hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed Jan 6 22:09:08 UTC 2010

As John Baldwin wrote:

> Can you build a kernel with DDB and break into the debugger once it
> is hung and run 'show intrcnt'?

I already built a DDB kernel, but I'm unable to break into the
debugger at that point.  My guess is that something's fishy with the
interrupts, so the break simply never arrives.  (As another
indication, things like the numlock or caps lock LED don't work either
in that situation.)

I might try jumping from breakpoint to breakpoint, but I first have to
sketch a kind of schedule about where to set DDB breakpoints.  Alas,
time to go to bed now here, so I have to do that by tomorrow.