FreeBSD 8.0 hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Tue Jan 5 13:59:26 UTC 2010

As John Baldwin wrote:

> Can you get the output of 'devinfo -ur' with ACPI
> enabled?

Not right now, not from FreeBSD 8 -- it cannot boot at all with
ACPI enabled.

I could get it from FreeBSD 6.2 if that's sufficient, or I somehow
have to patch the kernel so it doesn't guess the unusable IO address
0x1000 but "incidentally" guesses the correct one instead.  (Where
would I do that?)

> Also, you can maybe try setting 'debug.acpi.disabled=sysres' from
> the loader.

Will do that tonight when I'm back home.