FreeBSD 8.0 hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Mon Jan 4 22:37:41 UTC 2010

As John Baldwin wrote:

> OTOH, I'm not sure why initializing ACPI is trashing the BAR.  If
> you want, you can try to narrow down at what point the BAR gets
> reset to 0.

It happens here:

        res = resource_list_alloc(rl, bus, dev, type, &reg, start, end, count,
            prefetch ? RF_PREFETCHABLE : 0);
        if (res == NULL) {
                /*
                 * If the allocation fails, clear the BAR and delete
                 * the resource list entry to force
                 * pci_alloc_resource() to allocate resources from the
                 * parent.
                 */
                resource_list_delete(rl, type, reg);
printf("resource_list_alloc() failed\n");
                start = 0;

The printf() I added there triggers, and this resets "start" to 0.

Where to proceed now?