FreeBSD 8.0 hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Sat Jan 2 22:06:50 UTC 2010

As John Baldwin wrote:

> OTOH, I'm not sure why initializing ACPI is trashing the BAR.  If
> you want, you can try to narrow down at what point the BAR gets
> reset to 0.

Any hints about where to start doing this?  I could probably run the
machine through a remote GDB, but haven't been doing that for years
(and the machine doesn't have a FireWire interface either so I'd have
to use plain RS-232), so I'd preferrably start with a bit of "printf
debugging" first.  If someone can give me some hints about which
files/functions to touch, I'd be grateful.