Nehalem PCI devices (was Re: Failure to get past a PCI bridge)

Andrew Boyer aboyer at averesystems.com
Fri Feb 26 22:07:24 UTC 2010

I found this conversation on freebsd-acpi from last year:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2009-June/005796.html

I have a Nehalem box with two CPUs and two IOHs, running an AMI BIOS and FreeBSD 7.1.  I'd like to talk to the processor to change some memory controller settings.  FreeBSD doesn't appear to detect anything about the processor PCI busses, but I don't speak enough ACPI to say for sure why not.

The output of 'acpidump -d -t' is at the end of the message.  [Compressed now to save everyone's email.]  Would someone please look at the ACPI info to tell if the BIOS is reporting the 0xFF and 0xFE busses?

If it's not, is there a way to talk to a PCI bus that isn't reported or detected?  Is bus:dev:fn enough info?

If this has already been addressed by a newer acpica or pci module, my apologies.

Thank you,
 Andrew

Andrew Boyer	aboyer at averesystems.com