Power OFF button on very old motherboard with FreeBSD 7.2

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 29 17:16:03 UTC 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010 10:05:20 am newuse at qip.ru wrote:
> Hellow, I have not found my trouble in Current problem reports assigned to
freebsd-acpi list, why?

> I'll   try to describe my trouble again:
>
> I have tried to find an answer on different forums but did not succeed, I am
using FreeBSD 7 on very old PC but with ATX PSU, but ATX power button does not
work correctly :( It terminates power after pressing for 5 seconds whithout
system shutdowning or does nothing after short press.

> I have the same problems on two different motherboards:
> Asus TX-97E
> and
> ZIDA BXi98-ATX (CreateBXi-ATX) rev. 1.0
>

> There is only this errors in DMESG:
>

> ACPI Error (tbxfroot-0308): A valid RSDP was not found [20070320]
>
> ACPI: Table initialisation failed: AE_NOT_FOUND
>
> ACPI: Try disabling either ACPI or apic support.
>

> Of course there is no apic and it is disabled.
>
> I also have found reports of correctly works on FreeBSD 4 with Asus TX-97E
MB.

> Guru, could you help me? Please!

Can you try booting with 'hint.apic.0.disabled=1' set in loader.conf?  Also,
if you could obtain a full dmesg that would be helpful.

--
John Baldwin