kern/129563: [acpi] sleep broken on IBM/Lenovo T61 in amd64 mode

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 06:10:07 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/129563; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,
 gallasch at free.de
Subject: Re: kern/129563: [acpi] sleep broken on IBM/Lenovo T61 in amd64 mode
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:07:46 -0700

 	Suspend works perfectly fine now in 8.0 (there are some drivers =
 that need to be unloaded before the resume -- like if_iwn). acpi_ibm is =
 useless and appears to be broken given my initial focused testing last =
 night.
 	Overall, it's the resume part that's not 100% solid, but that's =
 a different issue with ata(4) vs ahci(4) according to some folks -- see =
 http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-July/086912.html =
 for more details.
 	In the meantime I'm working on getting acpi(4) resume fully =
 functional with 8.0 RELEASE, then I'll move up to 8-STABLE and finally =
 move on to 9-CURRENT, time permitting. I'll report my findings.
 Thanks,
 -Garrett=