intpm: add support for AMD SBxxx SMBus controller

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 8 18:00:16 UTC 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009 4:36:26 pm Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Please review the included patch that adds support from SMBus controller found
> in AMD SB600/700/710/750 south-bridges (not sure about SB800).
> As I understand, this controller works only in polling mode, so support for this
> mode was enabled in the code.
>
> There are two places that I was not sure about, so I marked them with XXX.
> The static variable intsmb_cfg_irq9 would be problematic if there are multiple
> SMBus controllers in a system.

I would move this into the softc and set it in the attach() routine by
duplicating that bit of the switch() statement in attach().

> Also, PCI_INTR_SMB_IRQ_AMD is probably not the best name. Maybe something like
> PCI_INTR_SMB_IRQ_OTHER or just PCI_INTR_SMB_IRQ would be better?

I would maybe just change the driver to print the value in hex instead of
bogus and not add a #define for '2'.  The PIIX4 datasheet says '2' is a
reserved value for that field FWIW.

--
John Baldwin