Reset button handler

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Sep 4 11:48:34 UTC 2009

on 04/09/2009 12:14 Alexey Petrenko said the following:
> Hey, folks.
>
> I'm working on FreeBSD powered end-user device and we are interested
> in custom handler for reset button.
> And looks like if it's possible to do then it should be done using acpi.
>
> I'm completely new to this area. I've googled in the Internet and
> searched this mail list archive but have not found anything about
> reset button.
>
> So my questions are:
> 1. Is it possible to implement reset button handler?
> 2. If yes, could you please point me to some useful docs or code or anything?

Typically reset button is connect to an appropriate hardware pin and the whole
reset happens electronically in hardware.
On the other hand, sleep and power button are typically software controlled and
typically this done via ACPI, yes.

Could you please point us to the device with a software controlled reset button?

--
Andriy Gapon