kern/140979: [acpi] [panic] Kernel panic (fatal trap 12: page fault when in kernel mode) on FreeBSD 8.0 with ACPI because of "ec" sub-device

Grv tungan at ukr.net
Mon Nov 30 20:10:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/140979; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Grv" <tungan at ukr.net>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/140979: [acpi] [panic] Kernel panic (fatal trap 12: page
  fault when in kernel mode) on FreeBSD 8.0 with ACPI because of "ec" sub-device
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:45:55 +0200

 --_----------=_12596103552180413

 Unfortunately I can't save core dump despite configured debugging
 settings, system just doesn't see it in swap, probably because the crash
 occurs before swap is configured.
 What other options do I have?