Call for bge(4) testers

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 21:17:48 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 5:32:08 pm Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 04:50:06PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Well, I proceeded as I told you I would, applied your patch and
> > even if it didn't solve the problem (bge still doesn't resume) at
> > least it improved the previous situation given that now it doesn't
> > loop timing out once and again as before.
> >
> > You can find a tail from /var/log/messages in here:
> > http://pastebin.com/f643555f7
> >
> > As you can see, the first 3 lines corresponds to "kldload if_bge"
> > Line number 4 is "acpiconf -s3"
> >
> > At line number 17 bge0 finally fails and let's the machine wake up
> > at line 18.
> >
> > Then, as soon as I could I issued a "ifconfig bge0" to see what I
> > could get .. that's what you can see from line 20 to line 41. (as
> > you can see
>
> Ok, would you try this one? I guess bge(4) register access method
> could be in uninitialized state after resume.

Just did .. same result .. you´ll find the messages here:
http://pastebin.com/f38369b3c

1.- root login
2 to 9.- "kldload if_bge"
10.- "acpiconf -s3"
11 to 13.- wpi0 messages before suspending
14 to 23.- bge0 messages upon resume
24.- wakeup

BTW: is there an easy way to unroll the patches so I get a pristine copy
back and apply the patch over it again? Im asking because the 3rd chunk
of your patch ( bge_reset(sc); ) didn't apply cleanly and I had to edit
if_bge.c by hand to add that line in the right place.

Still willing to keep on trying and awaiting orders :)

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi

--
Blessings