suspend/resume, amd64, FreeBSD 7.2

Marco Carmosino mogunus at gmail.com
Fri May 15 01:33:38 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have been attempting to use suspend/resume on my desktop computer. I
think it probably should work, since S3 suspend works fine under
linux. This is the output of sysctl hw.acpi:

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1

this is my problem:

[root at hydra /usr/home/mog]# acpiconf -s 1
acpiconf: request sleep type (1) failed: Operation not supported
[root at hydra /usr/home/mog]# acpiconf -s 2
acpiconf: request sleep type (2) failed: Operation not supported
[root at hydra /usr/home/mog]# acpiconf -s 3
acpiconf: request sleep type (3) failed: Operation not supported
[root at hydra /usr/home/mog]# acpiconf -s 4
acpiconf: request sleep type (4) failed: Operation not supported
[root at hydra /usr/home/mog]# acpiconf -s 5
acpiconf: invalid sleep type (5)

There seem to be no other error messages, just "Operation not
supported." This is confusing, because S3 is listed as supported, and
I found http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2009-March/011982.html
this thread from back in march saying that amd64 suspend code has been
committed.

Here is my ASL file:
http://mogunate.org/mogunus-desktop.asl

I built the system myself from parts on newegg. My motherboard is an
asus p5n32-SLI SE deluxe, I am running a core 2 duo processor. This is
my first time running FreeBSD. If there is any way I can help getting
suspend to work, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mog