acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256.0C) (was pr kern/105537)

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Fri Mar 27 07:01:05 PDT 2009

Nate Lawson wrote:

> Thermal zones are re-evaluated when a Notify comes in that says to do
> so. Perhaps if "user_override" is set to 1, we should not re-evaluate
> them. However, perhaps that should only be done for values the user
> actually overrode.
>
> There has to be a different solution Windows used. Maybe they ignore _crt.

I wondered about this. Surely if the laptop is running Windows and it
overheats it would shut down?

I do have Windows Xp installed as well as FreeBSD. I had a quick look in
the registry - couldn't find _CRT and CRT was too common. I also found
some references to acpi and thermal zone but couldn't take the time to
look properly right now (supposed to be working). I could look later if
anybody is interested.

Chris