acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256.0C) (was pr kern/105537)

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Thu Mar 26 16:49:18 PDT 2009

Chris Whitehouse wrote:
> Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko wrote:
>> To be fair, if all you want is to override _CRT, you should be able to
>> put something to the tune of
>>
>> hw.acpi.thermal.user_override=1
>> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT=90C
>>
>> in your /etc/sysctl.conf and not deal with the ASL at all.
>
> I tried this and it sets hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT correctly until
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active and hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature change
> values at which point hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT reverts to -1.

Thermal zones are re-evaluated when a Notify comes in that says to do
so. Perhaps if "user_override" is set to 1, we should not re-evaluate
them. However, perhaps that should only be done for values the user
actually overrode.

There has to be a different solution Windows used. Maybe they ignore _crt.

--
Nate