acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256.0C) (was pr kern/105537)

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Tue Mar 24 20:30:12 PDT 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Pasi Parviainen wrote:
 > Chris Whitehouse wrote:
 > > Hi, I sent this a while ago but don't think there was a reply. I'm about to
 > > embark on a custom ASL to load in loader.conf as per
 > > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html but just
 > > wondering if their might be a 'proper' fix on the way. I do have the latest
 > > bios installed.

 > question will solve the problem, see below for more information.
 >
 > > Would it help if I installed 8-CURRENT?
 >
 > Probably not, see below.

Even 200C is absurd, really.  That's above the melting point of many
types of solder (http://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/solder.htm)
while 256C exceeds the melting point of _most_ types of solder.  I seem
to recall that this limit used to be 150C, still hotter than anything
you actually want to have anywhere on a computer board.

No sense checking sanity to then accept insane values; fix the broken
ASL.  256 sounds suspiciously like a byte-swapped value, perhaps?

cheers, Ian