Resume problem (Motherboard: MSI 790GX-G65)

hexanism at gmx.de hexanism at gmx.de
Mon Jun 22 20:00:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

thank you very much Robert for patching the dsdt. I compiled it by
myself and got five other errors (Use of reserved word: _T_0, _T_1). I
don't know if these are severe. I loaded your patched dsdt instead of
the original one and I got the same behavior (the pc does not resume).
As Jung-uk pointed out, S3 is not supported for i386/SMP which I did not
know. I would love to run FreeBSD/amd64. I had it installed some weeks
ago (7.0, I think)but unfortunately S3 was missing when executing
'sysctl hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state'. So I decided to check FreeBSD/i386.

If I got it right then it does not make sense trying to get S3 working
on FreeBSD/i386 because of missing SMP support. On the other hand there
is the problem of the missing S3 value in
'hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state'. Is S3 generally not supported in
FreeBSD/amd64, or is it because of the buggy BIOS of this specific
motherboard? Is there a chance to get S3 working for my machine?

Thank you very much for your help.

regards,

Chris