kern/135070: [acpi] [patch] BIOS resource allocation and FreeBSD ACPI

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 2 12:42:59 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 12:50:03 am Mario Pavlov wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR kern/135070; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Mario Pavlov <freebsd at abv.bg>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
> Cc: John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: Re: kern/135070: [acpi] [patch] BIOS resource allocation and
>  FreeBSD ACPI
> Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 07:42:24 +0300 (EEST)
>
>  Yes, indeed
>  that's why I stated in the Fix section that this is a very dirty hack but
someone put a [patch] tag in the Synopsis
>  Is this framework you mentioned planned or is work on it going on already ?

The framework (multiple passes) is done (I want to get it into 8.0 but am
waiting for review).  However, doing the actual resource discovery and
management bits is another large task on top of the framework.

You can read more about the multiple passes thing and some ideas on how to use
it for the resource problem at
http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/papers/bsdcan/2009/

--
John Baldwin