SMP Problem on IBM x330 Server

Tom Everett tom at khubla.com
Tue Jan 27 12:54:53 PST 2009

the CPUs are active in the BIOS.  The BIOS is v 1.05. with 1.06 being
the very latest.

According to IBM the changes from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 are

    * Added in serial remote console redirection
    * Fixed PXE ROM execution failure when using PXE on planar Ethernet #2
    * Removed the "Auto Configure" IRQ option for the System Service
      Processor IRQ setting in POST/BIOS setup to prevent erroneous
      configuration change and diskette drive failure messages

I have a number of these machines running linux with no problems.

?