FreeBSD 8.0 hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed Dec 30 14:39:45 UTC 2009

As John Baldwin wrote:

> I'm guessing that ahc0 doesn't like the the I/O port resource range
> it was assigned in the ACPI case.  No idea why ACPI would clobber
> that BAR.

Hmm, indeed, I've been using a differen HBA in the past.  Do you think
it would make sense using another HBA, like a Tekram one?  I could
easily swap them.

Anyway, the ahc0 at least can still find the attached drives while the
BIOS is running (otherwise it wouldn't boot at all).  Isn't it using
the very same IO addresses then as FreeBSD with ACPI enabled?